Chicken Cordon BleuFrom brokenrhino 6 years ago
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 slices swiss cheese shopping list
- 4 slices cooked ham shopping list
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of paprika shopping list
- 1 cup of heavy mixing crème shopping list
- Fresh minced basil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or oil.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness or if it is too thick, slice thru the middle to make two skinny halves.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt, paprika, and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs, covering most of it but no piles.
- In a small sauce pan bring 1 cup of chicken broth and 1 Tablespoon of chicken bouillon granules to a boil. In a separate bowl whip 1 cup of heavy whipping crème and 1 teaspoon of corn starch into a bowl. When the broth comes to a bowl whip in the crème. Add 1 teaspoon of paprika and some fresh basil. Let that thicken, whipping frequently.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast, place fresh minced basil on the cheese.. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks, poor the sauce over the chicken on the plate, and place more fresh minced basil on the chicken.