Lemon Fire CrispsFrom food_devil 7 years ago
- 2 sticks butter ,room temperature ( margarine will work but isn't nearly as good) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add egg, lemon juice & lemon peel and mix well.
- Sift or mix the dry ingredients together and stir into the creamed mixture to make a soft dough.
- Place dough into a cookie press and press onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.
- Alternately the dough can be shaped into a roll on waxed paper, rolled up and frozen until firm. (Use the larger amount of flour for this method)
- Roll the outside of the roll in colored sugar and slice into thin rounds with a sharp knife.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until just starting to brown.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookfood_devil Galesburg, IL
The Rating5 people
these sound off the charts good.. great post..!!peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I believe I will take mine without the heat. Other than that they sound good you have my 5.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
Yummers. Love the sounds of these and I will leave the heat in mine. Thanks for another great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!