Smoked Chicken ThighsFrom frankieanne 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup shallot, chopped (about two medium) shopping list
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- One smoking pouch (see below) shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk vinegar, oil and salt in medium bowl. Stir in shallots and garlic. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes to 3 hours.
- Make a smoking packet by soaking one cup of wood chips (either hickory or apple) in water for 30 minutes. Drain water off chips and put chips in a piece of aluminum foil. Fold foil over chips and seal tightly to make a packet. Punch six holes in the top of the packet. See Photo
- Preheat grill with packet on grill until packet is smoking
- Transfer chicken to grill allowing excess marinade to drain back into bowl. Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken, turning once until cooked through, approximately 6 to 8 minutes on each side.