Savory-crust Chicken PieFrom michellem 9 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup flour ( you can use white I like to use wheat flour) shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp dried sage shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/2 cup each chopped carrots, green pepper, sweet red pepper and onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 2 TBS butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken shopping list
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiulated shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, beat sour cream, butter and egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and sage: mix well(mixture will be sticky).
- Spread into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10 in. pie plate.
- For filling, saute vegetables in butter over medium-high heat until crisp-tender.
- Add chicken and soup;mix well.
- Spoon into the crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating6 people
Now that looks like I could dig in with a spoon right now...delicious picture...I gotta try this one whenever the cooler weather comes our way!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
This sounds wonderful and I just love the idea of sour cream in the crust! Chicken pot pies happen to be one of my hubby's favorite dinner dishes but I rarely make it for him because rolling out pie crust as soon as I get home from work is not one o...moreshandy in Port Orchard loved it
I made this for dinner tonight and let me tell you. . .Larry couldn't quit saying how wonderful it was and we both are happy there will be leftovers for tomorrow =Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!