Pate En CrouteFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- Pastry: shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3/4 pound ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 pound ground pork shopping list
- 3/4 pound ground veal shopping list
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese (or good swiss like Emmentaler) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley & thyme shopping list
- kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 large egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- sour cream for accompaniment shopping list
- Fresh dill for accompaniment shopping list
How to make it
- For Filling: Brown meat in large skillet. Do not overcook. Add remaining filling ingredients, cool slightly. Drain off excess liquid.
- For Pastry: Place flour and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter, egg and sour cream. Form into a soft ball. Chill.
- Assembly: Roll out dough into rectangle. Center 1/2 of pastry in middle of a greased baking sheet. Place meat loaf on pastry in center. Fold pastry over filling and seal edges with a fork. Save some pastry trimmings and cut into long pieces 1/2-inch wide. Brush crust with egg wash (1 egg and 2 tablespoons cream). Cross pastry strips across crust. Brush all with egg wash.
- Bake at 375*F (190*C) until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature with sour cream and fresh dill
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating7 people
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! What else can be said!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I love anything en croute! And pate is a wonderful dish prepared this way.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Your photo has my mouth watering and the recipe sounds delicious... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it