Cream of Spinach SoupFrom witchywoman 6 years ago
- 2 medium carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, diced shopping list
- 2 pounds spinach, cleaned shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 4 cups milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, combine the first 4 ingredients; add enough water to cover and cook until tender. Put water and vegetables in blender and puree; set aside.
- In same pot, steam spinach in 2 cups water and puree. Return to same pot; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and blend in flour. Gradually whisk in milk. Continue cooking, stirring constantly until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add vegetable puree to spinach in large pot; mix thoroughly. Add white sauce and season with basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Heat through; do not boil.
- Ladle into serving bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookwitchywoman Longview, WA
The Rating5 people
Sounds great! Thanks. high 5! Debdmajor in Slidell loved it
Love spinach; love soup --- this gets a FIVE from my little coop! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Witchy....this looks wonderful...gonna try it this weekend!slj6lori in Succasunna loved it