Elaines Homemade Turkey Pot Pie in Phyllo PastryFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- 1 cooked turkey breast or thigh, skin on, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 medium sized raw potato, cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 shallots, finely sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small turnip, cut into chunks shopping list
- about 1/2 cup shredded raw carrot shopping list
- about 1/2 cup raw green or wax beans shopping list
- about 1/2 cup raw asparagus shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- about 2 tbsp oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- chicken or turkey stock shopping list
- rice flour shopping list
- phyllo pastry shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium sized pot, combine the stock with the garlic, raw vegetables and cut up turkey pieces
- Add the vanilla, Worcestershire, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper
- Cook until veggies are tender
- Remove from heat
- Thicken the juices remaining with rice flour
- Arrange 6 layers of Phyllo pastry sheets, with melted butter between sheets.
- Fold edges up, securing with melted butter
- Bake the bottom crust at 350*F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Fill with the warm vegetables
- Make a lattice top with strips of Phyllo pastry, coated with melted butter.
- Bake at 350*F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The addition of the vanilla heightens the flavor of the finished dish.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating12 people
fantastic recipe thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Very nice, Elaine. I love pot pie - it's one of my favorite comfort dishes and I can't wait to try your variation. It looks and sounds so delicious. I really like using phyllo.
Thanks so much! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
This is the perfect recipe for leftover Thanksgiving turkey!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!