The Lady and Sons Peach CobblerFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1/2 stick (1 stick) butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 (28-ounce) can sliced peaches in heavy syrup, undrained (or shopping list
- use fresh if available; see note) cinnamon for sprinkling (use only with peach or apple cobbler) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in oven in a 2-quart baking dish to melt.
- Stir sugar and flour together and mix well. Slowly add milk and
- continue to stir to prevent the batter from lumping.
- Being careful not to burn yourself, remove hot baking dish
- containing melted butter from oven; pour batter directly over butter
- in baking dish (DO NOT STIR). Spoon fruit on top of batter, then
- gently pour syrup on top (DO NOT STIR). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if
- using. The most important part of this dish is not stirring the
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Your batter
- will rise above your fruit, producing the most wonderful of crusts.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
- Note: If they are available by all means use fresh peaches. In a
- saucepan, mix two cups fresh peach slices with one cup sugar and one cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10
- minutes, stirring occasionally. An almost equally good product is
- frozen peach slices. Simply follow the instructions for the fresh
- peach slices.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating15 people
wow another great postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
the serving size is right! one - lol
sounds delicious!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Hi Henrie, great to see you posting again.....:]
glad to see Bobby is improving..:] my continuous prayers GF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a blessed day!!!
love peaches have it saved!!!!
mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it