Cabbage And NoodlesFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® butter shortening shopping list
- OR 3 tablespoons Crisco® butter shortening Sticks shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 cups coarsely shredded cabbage, about 3/4 pound shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, or caraway seed shopping list
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles, cooked according to package directions and drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1.MELT shortening in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, cabbage and fennel seed. Cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
- 2.PLACE in medium serving bowl. Add noodles and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating7 people
This is almost identical to the way my dear Mother-in-law prepared cabbage and noodles. Thank you so very much for posting a great "5" fork recipe!lor in Toronto loved it
i LOVE cabbage! I can't wait to try it this way... I would have never thought to prepare it with egg noodles. Thanks for the inspiration! :)secretocean in Fort Lauderdale loved it
Have a Polish boyfriend and he loves everything with cabbage, he'll just flip for this! jjuliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!