white chocolate hazelnut creamy cakeFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- 1 20 cm chocolate butter cake ( follow my vanilla chocolate pound cake for best results, chocolate batter) shopping list
- white chocolate mousse: shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ½ tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- ¾ cup milk shopping list
- ½ tbsp gelatin powder shopping list
- 1 ½ tbsp water shopping list
- ¾ cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 oz white chocolate shopping list
- 4 tbsp hazelnut, chopped shopping list
- chocolate glaze: shopping list
- 5 oz plain chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 whole hazelnuts shopping list
- white chocolate, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Split the cake in half and set the bottom half in a 20cm cake ring in a serving platter. Keep the other in fridge for another use.
- Separate the eggs. Place the yolks and sugar in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Place the milk in a pan and heat gently, stirring until almost boiling. Pour the milk on to the egg yolks, whisking.
- Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and cook, stirring until the mixture thickens enough to thinly coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in a small heatproof bowl and leave to go spongy. Place over a pan of hot water and stir until dissolved. Stir into the hot mixture. Leave to cool.
- Whip the cream until just holding its shape. Fold into the egg custard. Melt the white chocolate. Fold into custard. Whisk egg whites until soft peaks and fold into the mixture. Pour over the prepared cake and level the top. Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts over the top. Chill until set.
- Make the glaze:
- Heat cream until simmering point and pour over the chopped chocolate. Stir until smooth. Leave to cool and thickens. Pour over the chilled cake and decorate with hazelnuts and white chocolate. Chill again until serving time.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating12 people
great post...looks marvellous..........angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
Beautiful, Ahmed! High five to you :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
beautiful! awesomejett2whit in Union City loved it