Cabbage And Beef SoupFrom chacha 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- Note: You can also use ground bison, turkey, chicken, pork or pork sausage meat taken out of the casings shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or packets (I use low sodium) shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, shredded shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- Note: You can reduce the sugar to your taste preference shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 quarts water, divided shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced shopping list
- 1 head of cabbage, cored and cut into wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Break the ground beef in chunks into a large saucepan.
- Note: You can saute the ground beef first or allow it to cook with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef bouillon cubes, carrots, onion, vinegar, sugar and pepper.
- Pour in 1 quart of water, and bring to a boil.
- Stir to gently break up the meat while heating.
- When the soup comes to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.
- Pour in another quart of water, and return to a slow boil.
- Add garlic and cabbage.
- Simmer for 25 minutes, until cabbage is tender.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream on top ;)
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookchacha New York, NY
The Rating5 people
I look forward to making this.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Love this, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
yummmmmmmmm love this .cant wait to make it !!!!! thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it