Plum Dumplings - Galuste Cu PruneFrom elgab89 6 years ago
- 1/ 2 kilo plums or apricots ( you can use peaches, too) without pits ( I usually quarter them and leave them 1/2 hour in 1/2 cup cognac/brandy to soak) shopping list
- 600 g potatoes shopping list
- 4 spoons oil ( I used Canola) shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 200 g flour shopping list
- 100 g butter shopping list
- 100 g breadcrumbs shopping list
- 3/4 cup powder sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the potatoes in cubes and boil them. Discard the water and with a hand blender mash the potatoes with the oil. Let it cool.
- Mix the potatoes with eggs and flour. You will have a dough. Roll in a round and long shape. Cut in 1/2 - 1 inch pieces.
- Take each piece in your palm and add 1/4 of a plum in the middle, trying to make a ball around it, out of the dough. You will need a few tries until you get it right.
- Once you have made all the dumplings, set them on the side.
- Separately, on a pan melt the butter and fry lightly the breadcrumbs (until golden) with sugar and Vanilla extract. Keep the pan on warm and be careful not to overcook ( do not burn the breadcrumbs!)
- In a large pot boil approx 3 liters water. Turn the heat to medium - high to keep the boiling low and drop 7 -8 dumplings at a time. Boil 20 minutes.
- Dry the dumplings and dredge them through the breadcrumb mix.
The Cookelgab89 Toronto, CA
The Rating7 people
Oh my, this sounds so delicious that I must make soon with plouts or white peaches. Thank for the post my friend.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I saw Lidia Matticchio Bastianich do a similar dumpling that had potatoes in the dough and a sweet jam filling. She was born in the city of Pula, Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia so maybe that influenced her recipe. Anyway, yours look beautifu...moreluisascatering in San Carlos loved it
P.S. I found her video making the recipe, thought you might enjoy :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIxOUFCIU8w&feature=relatedluisascatering in San Carlos loved it