Fannie May Mint Fudge BrowniesFrom momofsixil 7 years ago
- FOR BROWNIES: shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 chopped nuts, if desired shopping list
- FOR mint LAYER: shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mint extract shopping list
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring shopping list
- FOR TOP chocolate LAYER: shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 9 x 13-inch pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large saucepan, cook 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, and 2 tablespoons water, stirring over medium-low heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips until melted and creamy.
- Add the 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Combine flour and baking soda in mixing bowl.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and stir until well-blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until set and done.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- MINT LAYER:
- While brownies are cooling, prepare mint creme layer.
- In large mixing bowl, beat 1 stick margarine, 2 cups confectioner's sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, mint extract, and green food coloring with electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Spread mint creme over cooled brownies in pan.
- Refrigerate until set while making top chocolate layer.
- TOP CHOCOLATE LAYER:
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt the 6 tablespoons margarine and 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Spread evenly over refrigerated mint creme layer with rubber scraper or spatula.
- Let cool at room temperature before cutting.
The Cookmomofsixil Davis, IL
The Rating7 people
yea! This looks good. I just don't have the energy to make it tonight. It looks like a keeper.mcboo in loved it
Oh my, I don't think life can get any better. This recipe looks amazingly good and I know I'm gonna like it ;) Thanks for sharing a great 5 fork recipe.laadeedaa in loved it
THESE WILL MAKE MY HEART PUMP PURPLE PEANUTBUTTER.
YUM-YUM. THANK YOU!!
MEnutmeg01 in BEAUFORT loved it
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Choco Lovers138 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
All About Choclate86 members
Family Favorites140 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Death By Chocolate122 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
BIRTHDAY CLUB123 members