Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana BreadFrom laurakaay 8 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana(2 to 3 medium) shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 TBS melted butter shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 Cup Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine all ingredients except small chocolate chips and walnuts in large bowl and blend them well with the mixer on medium speed.
- Stir in small chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then gently remove from the pan.
- Cool the bread completely on wire rack.
The Cooklaurakaay Oroville, CA
The Rating5 people
This does sound great, bananas and chocolate are a fantastic combination. Thanks for sharing. high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I made this yesterday afternoon, and it was a hit! I had to bake it for a little longer than the recipe called for -- about 80 minutes -- but otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for sharing!!econchef in New Haven loved it
i like making breads - chocolate bread was a good findnlt in Cape Town loved it