Caribbean Grilled Pork Chops With Grilled Bananas And BaconFrom minitindel 5 years ago
How to make it
- Combine butter, salt & pepper with the
- cumin. rub into both sides of the meat
- and saute the meat briefly, until some
- of the fat has rendered.
- Now remove and drain.
- Peel the banana's then cut it into 1 1/4 chunks.
- Place on a dish and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Next slice bacon into strips long enough
- to wrap around each of the banana slice.
- put on skewers, threading through bacon.
- Place the pork chops on a hot grill, for
- 15 minutes, turning once.
- Turn the grill down to medium.
- Add bacon along with the banana's, grill
- for another 10 minutes, turning both the
- meat and banana's.
- Also good basted with beer, while the meat cooks.
- Makes 4 servings.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating4 people
This sounds great. I love the cumin rub and the beer baste. Bannanas are not my favorite but I love plantains. I cant see why you could not swap them out? Nice recipe. I am a sucker for island food........;-~ Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Sherry baby, this could be the perfect meal - sounds brilliant and I'm definitely going to try and do it this weekend. 5+chillidude in Perth loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!