Friendlys Classic Patty MeltFrom marky90 8 years ago
- 2 pounds ground chuck or sirloin shopping list
- salt and pepper to season the meat shopping list
- 2 medium onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 /2 pound bacon shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 12 slices thick, seeded rye bread shopping list
- 12 slices cheese, Cheddar or Swiss shopping list
- butter....lots shopping list
How to make it
- Cut bacon strips in half. Fry to preferred doneness. Set grease aside.
- Fry onions in butter over a medium heat until browned. Remove and set aside.
- Fry mushrooms in butter or bacon grease until nicely cooked and a little browned. Remove and set aside.
- Form ground sirloin into 6, slightly oval patties. Fry or grill to preferred doneness, medium rare prefered. When done, set aside on paper towels
- While patties are cooking, make 6 sandwiches of rye bread and cheese. Butter the outsides and cook like a grilled cheese sandwich.
- When sandwiches are ready, pry them open and set on separate plates.
- Put cooked patties on one side of the set-up. Top with bacon strips, onions, and mushrooms.
- Close sandwiches, pin with frilly toothpicks, and cut in half.
- Ready to serve, with side of mayonaise, mustard and pickles.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating16 people
We could have such a party girlfriend! Great recipetheiris in Garden City loved it
omg marky i have had this in ohio at friendlys love it yummmmmmmmmm thanks for directing me ....^5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wow, does that picture look delicious!!! I was thinking about making burgers, now I KNOW I'll make them!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!