Japanese Chicken Wings-the Bone Pile That IsFrom thegoldminer 6 years ago
How to make it
- It is referred to as "The Bone Pile" because thats all thats left from the meat falling of the bones.
- Either buy whole wings or pay extra for the drumettes and middle section. If using whole wings, cut into three pieces, all parts are used.
- A wok works the best , but a stock pot or large pot will do OK.
- Put wings, water in the wok or pot.
- Break the brown sugar apart over the wings. Stir.
- Sprinkle the ginger over the wings. Stir
- Add all other ingredients. Stir.
- Bring the mixture up to a boil over High heat.
- Allow to boil stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Reduce temp to med, it should still be bubbling at least in the middle of the pot.
- Stir about every 5-10 minutes.
- Let it cook on med about 45 minutes, stirring about every 5-10 minutes. This allows some liquid to boil off.
- There appears to be an increase in the liquid as the water in the wings is cooked out. The wings start to shrink from cooking and will give the appearance of more liquid. This is normal.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 3 hours stirring about every 30 minutes. Or just when ever you are walking by the stove.
- After a couple of hours the wings will darken and the smell is just so good. Actually the smell is good within about 30 minutes.
- After a total of 4 hours the meat falling off the bones and is ready to eat.
- Turn heat back to Medium, let cook about 10 minutes stirring a couple of times. Turn off heat.
- Just pile in on a plate and grub down.
- Some may want cooked rice with the meal, to me it just takes up space for the sticky, yummy chicken. The ginger flavor is so good in this dish.
- I like to make enough to reheat later. When it is refrigerated, the next day the juices have turned to a gel and the meat has absorbed more flavor.
- Really, it is so tasty, it can be nuked and eaten for breakfast, serious.
- We also call this Japanese Chicken Wings.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating12 people
Wow... these really sound great...... thanks..
JJ the pics look wonderful.... I have a suggestion... why dont you throw a big ole party and cook everything you have a picture of.... except for the cats and pups... that wouldnt be good... lol.. every thing else looks delicious......We will all sho...more
Ok... Jumping on the next flight out.....