Wild Mushroom and Fennel RisottoFrom brilynn 7 years ago
- A few splashes of olive oil shopping list
- A chunk of butter shopping list
- An onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped shopping list
- Some fennel seeds and roasted garlic powder shopping list
- A generous handful of fresh shiitakes, sliced shopping list
- A smaller handful of dried morels, soaked for ~20min, reserve liquid and slice morels shopping list
- 1 cup white wine, (take a few sips off the top, then pour yourself a real glass) shopping list
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice shopping list
- About 4 cups of stock, combination of reserved morel liquid, chicken stock and water shopping list
- Lots of freshly grated parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large pan.
- Add onion, fennel, mushrooms, fennel seeds and garlic and stir occasionally until soft.
- Add rice and mix in well.
- When rice is fully coated, add wine and stir until wine is almost completely absorbed.
- Begin adding stock, about ½ cup at a time, allowing each previous ½ cup to absorb before adding the next one. At this point you will almost have to stir continuously.
- When your rice looks slightly creamy but is still a little aldente to the taste, add the parmesan and mix it in.
- Then eat it!