Texan Rice and PeasFrom blondeberry 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup melted butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 slice bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cups beef or veggie stock shopping list
- 1 (10oz) pkg frozen green peas shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine butter, olive oil, bacon, and onion in a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in beef stock, and bring to a boil.
- Add peas, rice, salt and pepper; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and cook until rice is tender (20 to 25 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and stir in cheese.