Smoked Pork Jowl Muffins with Maple GlazeFrom vanessa 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of coarse cornmeal shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup half and half shopping list
- 1/4 plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup of finely grated mild cheddar shopping list
- 1/2 cup pork jowl, 1/4″ dice shopping list
- confectioners sugar shopping list
- maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook the smoked pork jowl in a heavy skillet over a medium flame.
- When it’s crispy but still chewy remove it from the pan and drain on a paper towel.
- Sift the flour, corn meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the sugar to the butter and stir to dissolve.
- Add the egg, half and half, yogurt, and cheddar to the butter mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add the pork jowl and mix lightly.
- Don’t over mix.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until a knife inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Mix up a glaze with confectioners sugar and maple syrup and once the muffins are warm but not hot drizzle them with the glaze.
The Cookvanessa Middleton, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!