Hawaiian MeatballsFrom dandelion 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 T. shortening shopping list
- 2/3 C. cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 T. cornstarch shopping list
- 1/3 C. minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 C. packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve juice) shopping list
- 1-1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/3 C. vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 t. ginger shopping list
- 1 T. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 C. milk shopping list
- 1/3 C. chopped green pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix meat, crumbs, onion, egg, salt, ginger & milk.
- Shape mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into balls.
- Melt shortening in large skillet; brown & cook meatballs.
- Remove meatballs; keep warm.
- Pour fat from skillet.
- Mix cornstarch & sugar. Stir in reserved pineapple syrup, vinegar & soy sauce till smooth.
- Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens & boils.
- Boil & stir 1 minute.
- Add meatballs, pineapple tidbits & green pepper; heat through.
- Stir meatballs & sauce together; serve warm.
The Cookdandelion Ashland, NE
The Rating8 people
This meat balls were very tasty, served with a side of rice. Good reicpe.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
This was really good. We used cheese crackers and ground turkey and it turned out yummy!cakelady in Murray loved it
Made this for a church function tonight. Everyone loved themveg in HAMILTON loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!