Pecan Ball with Rum SauceFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
How to make it
- Add water, sugar and corn syrup to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve all of the sugar. Continue cooking over the same heat, swirling the pan occasionally, until the mixture is a deep caramel color.
- Remove from heat, and stand back as far as you can and slowly add about 1 T. rum (the rum will splatter in the hot syrup, so be careful). Continue adding the rum, about a T. at a time, until the mixture stops splattering. Slowly stir in the rest of the rum. If not used immediately, store the sauce at room temperature; it will keep about a week.
- Put the pecans on wax paper and roll the ice cream balls over the nuts, coating completely. Re-freeze until you want to serve the dessert.
- To serve: place each pecan ball into a dish, drizzle with rum sauce and top with whipped cream.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- tuilelaith Columbia, MO
- elgab89 Toronto, CA
- lanacountry Macon, GA
- tilgidh Blackshear, GA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- lycett CANYON COUNTRY, CA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- crabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating7 people
oh wonderful linda yummmmmmmm high 5 to yaminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I happen to have the Rum and Rum and Pecans with this recipes name on them. Laugh! I am really going to enjoy this. Something about recipes with alcohol catches the eye fast! Especailly Rum.
Thank you for posting. *5*
Tilgidhtilgidh in Blackshear loved it
This is great! High 5^ er!!
Thank you so much!
lanacountry in Macon loved it