Scalloped EggplantFrom dugger 7 years ago
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed 1/2 inch pices shopping list
- 5 slices bread, cut in 1" cubes shopping list
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and clean eggplant. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in water and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Grease 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Alternate layers of bread cubes, eggplant, grated cheese and onion flakes. Salt and pepper each layer. The last layer should be bread cubes.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top layer.
- Beat eggs lightly, combine them with the milk and pour this mixture over the casserole. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour until moderately browned.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating8 people
Yep my kind of dish! Thanks ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
OMG, this was soooo delicious! I tried JLinaz ma's suggestion and added some zucchini. Eggplant is my favorite summer vegetable, and I just loved this recipe. Thanks!lagoulue in New York loved it
BTW, I also love your photo, you and Pat are such a lovely couple! Long may you wave - and keep cookin'.lagoulue in New York loved it