Christmas Hot Mulled WineFrom gourmetana 5 years ago
- 12 cloves shopping list
- 2 oranges, each cut into 6 wedges shopping list
- 1 bottle good red wine shopping list
- 4 tbsp brandy or Cointreau shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken, plus 6 whole cinnamon sticks to serve shopping list
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice shopping list
- 2 tbsp golden granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Stick one clove into the peel of each of the orange wedges. Put 6 wedges into a stainless-steel pan, along with the red wine, brandy or Cointreau, broken cinnamon stick, mixed spice and sugar.
- Warm gently over low heat for 10-15 min, then turn off the heat and let the flavours infuse for 10 min.
- Ladle the wine into glasses, leaving out the orange wedges and straining out the cinnamon pieces.
- Take the 6 remaining wedges, make a cut between the pith and the flesh and hook one on to the side of each glass.
- Add the fresh cinnamon sticks to serve.
The Cookgourmetana Aveiro, Portugal
The Rating4 people
Such a nice recipe! I never added Cointreau to this, it sounds delicious!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
ooops I put it in the alteration section. :)
This was awesome, so good we had to make it twice, the first batch, apparently evaporated lolglennk in Dalmeny loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!