Warm Quinoa And Broccoli Salad With Carrot Ginger DressingFrom fizzle3nat 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 c. quinoa shopping list
- 3 1/4 c. plus 3 TBSP. water shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 bag - 10 oz. broccoli florets shopping list
- 2/3 c. chopped carrot (about 1 large) shopping list
- 3 TBSP. finely chopped, peeled, fresh ginger shopping list
- 3 TBSP. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 TBSP. seasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- In sieve, rinse quinoa with cold running water. In 3 - quart saucepan, combine quinoa, 3 cups water, and 1/2 tsp. salt; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 min. or until water is absorbed. Transfer quinoa to large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli and 1/4 c. water in microwave-safe medium bowl; cover and cook in microwave oven on High 4 - 5 min. or until tender-crisp. Drain; add to quinoa in bowl.
- In blender, combine carrot, ginger, vegetable oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, remaining 3 TBSP. water, and 1/4 tsp. salt; blend until pureed. Add to quinoa and broccoli and toss to combine. Serve salad warm or at room temperature.
- * I found that the warm ingredients really absorbed the dressing, so I would suggest mixing up twice the dressing. Pour half on the salad and taste, then add additional dressing to your liking.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!