Rustic Pumpkin BreadFrom noir 7 years ago
- 1 3/4 cup (1 15 oz. can) pureed pumpkin shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3-4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 cups chopped walnuts or chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, and eggs and mix until creamy. In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients except the nuts or chocolate chips.
- Mix 3 cups of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then add as much of the 4th cup as necessary to achieve the proper consistency (moist, but thick enough to stand a spoon in). Add the nuts or chocolate chips and stir in.
- Pour or spoon the batter into greased muffin tins or bread pans. Bake on the center rack until a toothpick poked into the center comes out dry.
- **At sea level, muffins should take between 20 and 25 minutes to bake, small loaves between 25 and 30 minutes, and full sized loaves between 50 minutes and 1 hour.**
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating14 people
Muffins are so delicious. I like this recipe, especially, because it is made with brown sugar. Adds such depth and richness. Great recipe! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
I love pumpkin in the fall... I am always looking for great pumpkin recipes.... Let you know how it turns out
oliviaj in Crumpler loved it
Thank you, Noir..we adore pumpkin recipes!!
^^^^^5^^^^^ A+A+A+ :)lanacountry in Macon loved it