SouvlakisFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and minced (1 cup) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted black olives (optional) shopping list
- 4 (6-inch) round pita breads shopping list
- 2 cups green-leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare sauce, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, and lemon juice.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add onion to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cumin. Cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and olives. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Place pita breads on 4 individual serving plates. Place lettuce evenly on one side of each pita bread. Spoon chicken mixture over lettuce. Spoon sauce evenly over chicken mixture. Fold pita breads over. Serve immediately.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating8 people
This looks great. Thanks for a nice post! Making your cornbread today. Will let you know!pleclare in Framingham loved it
sounds fantastic thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
What can I say, except ... PERFECT!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!