Veganized Veggie BakeFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 lbs eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 zucchini, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 medium red pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, divided shopping list
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated rice "parmesan" shopping list
- 2 tbsp dry, whole-wheat breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a non-stick grill pan (or broiler).
- Salt and pepper eggplant slices lightly.
- Grill or broil the eggplant 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat water in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add onion through mushrooms.
- Cover and cook 7 minutes or until tender, stirring mixture occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Uncover pan, and cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Spread half of pan mixture in bottom of a deep baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange half of eggplant slices over mushroom mixture.
- Top with half the pepper, half the tomatoes and half the parmesan.
- Spread remaining mushroom mixture over cheese.
- Top with remaining eggplant, pepper and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining rice parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Cover dish, and bake 1 hour.
- Remove cover, and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods771 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members