crawfish cornbread dressingFrom dmajor 6 years ago
- 3 cups finely crumbled cornbread shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped onions shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper shopping list
- 1 stick butter(salted) shopping list
- 2 cups chicken or seafood broth or stock shopping list
- 1 package frozen crawfish tails or 3/4 to 1 pound peeled cooked shopping list
- 1/4 cup half and half shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon creole or cajun spice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 teaspoon liquid crab boil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together all seasonings in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, and celery and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in seasonings and continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in Jalapenos, broth, crab boil and crawfish.
- Bring to a boil and cook 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cook for a few minutes.
- Strain crawfish and vegetables from broth, saving the broth
- Place crawfish and veggies in food processor or blender and process until smooth or about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Place crawfish in a bowl.
- Stir in corn bread and broth from crawfish that you saved.
- Stir in eggs and green onions, and half and half.
- Mix well and spoon into greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until browned on top about 35 to 40 minutes.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!