Greek Style Meatballs Keftedes In PitaFrom kidaria 8 years ago
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 lb ground lamb shopping list
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 slice of white bread, cubed and pulsed in a food processor shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 lemon, zested shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- pita bread shopping list
- 1 tomatoe, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded shopping list
- tzatziki sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tsp of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium high heat and cook onions until softened. Remove from heat and stir in minced garlic.
- Mix the onions and garlic together with the other ingredients except for the dried bread crumbs and vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle your work surface with some bread crumbs.
- Roll about a cup of the meat mixture out into a log then cut into pieces about 1 tbsp for your mini meatballs and roll.
- Then place the pieces into a wire mesh strainer and sprinkle some more bread crumbs over them. Toss and roll the meatballs around in the strainer over a bowl and you’ll have lightly-coated, perfectly round meatballs.
- You can reuse the breadcrumbs in the bowl for the rest of the meatballs, then throw away the excess in the end.
- Heat about 1 tsp of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Brown all sides of the meatballs until they are fully cooked, about 10 minutes.
- To assemble, add meatballs to folded pita, sprinkle with lettuce and tomatoes and top with tzatziki
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating6 people
Delicious and of course I love it.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Niiiice dish! 5+elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I am with Greekgirrrl and Elgab89 - this recipe looks wonderful and you've got my 5 forks for sure.chacha in New York loved it