Godiva Frozen Malted Milk PieFrom laurakaay 7 years ago
- chocolate Wafer Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup chocolate malted milk balls, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- ice cream Filling: shopping list
- 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream, softened shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate malted milk balls, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 TBS Malted milk Powder - Plain (you can find it in the ice cream topping section, at least that's where I found it, its white powder) shopping list
- chocolate Glaze: shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chocolate malted milk powder (like ovaltine) shopping list
- 2 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva dark chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chocolate malted milk powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- chocolate malted milk balls shopping list
How to make it
- Make the chocolate wafer crust:
- Mix together wafer crumbs, chopped malted milk balls and butter in bowl with fork until mixture is well combined. Pat mixture into bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate. Freeze crust for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Add the ice cream filling:
- Spread half of the softened ice cream in pie shell. Top with chopped malted milk balls and sprinkle malted milk powder over the top; cover with remaining ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze while preparing chocolate glaze.
- Make the chocolate glaze:
- Stir together heavy cream and chocolate malted milk powder in medium heavy saucepan. Continue stirring until powder is dissolved. Add chocolate and corn syrup and cook and stir over medium low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes or until slightly cool. Remove pie from freezer and remove plastic wrap. Pour glaze over top of pie, covering it completely. Freeze pie until ready to serve.
- Garnish the pie:
- Combine heavy cream and malted milk powder in chilled medium bowl and stir until dissolved. Beat cream mixture and sugar to stiff peaks, using hand-held electric mixer.
- Place whipped cream into pastry bag fitted with large star tip (such as Ateco #7). Pipe 8 rosettes of cream around top edge of pie. Garnish each rosette with chocolate-malted milk ball. Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklaurakaay Oroville, CA
The Rating6 people
fantastic recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds decadent. Can't wait to spring this delight on family and friends. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Fabulous recipe. Got my 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it