Pumpkin PieFrom dixiediner 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin or butternut squash shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk, heated shopping list
- 1/2 cup cream, heated shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. molasses or King syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- dash of nutmeg shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. browned butter shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle additional cinnamon and nutmeg over top of pie.
- Bake at 450* for 15 minutes; then at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut to pie mixture or sprinkle coconut in bottom of pie shell before filling, or on top of filled pie before baking.
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating7 people
great recipe, thank you!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Excellent! My favorite pie in the universe!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
what a coincidence....my hubby got some fresh pumpkin from a co-worker and he wanted me to bake a pie with it....I don't usually keep molasses tho'....I'll see what I have to improvise! Thanks for sharing!jett2whit in Union City loved it