Almond Butter BallsFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 2 cups (500 grams) creamy almond butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups (230 - 290 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar shopping list
- chocolate Coating shopping list
- 9 ounces (255 grams) semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (25 grams) shortening shopping list
How to make it
- Almond Butter Balls: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the almond butter, unsalted butter, and salt in a microwaveable bowl, and heat in the microwave for about one minute or until just soft (check and stir the ingredients every 20 seconds). Stir in the vanilla extract and confectioners sugar and mix until it has the consistency of a dough (add more sugar if necessary).
- Roll the dough into 1 inch (2.5 cm) round balls. Place on the cookie sheet and refrigerate for about one hour, or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Dip the balls, one at a time, in the melted chocolate, making sure the entire ball is coated with chocolate. Then, with two spoons or a dipping fork, remove the almond butter ball from the melted chocolate, allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Place the chocolate covered balls back on the baking sheet. When all the balls have been dipped in the chocolate, place in the refrigerator until the chocolate has set. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. To serve: place in small fluted candy cups.
- note: I like to dip in chocolate 2 times instead of the once.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating4 people
I was thinking New Year's Eve! Spectacular!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Yummers! I might need to start an almond butter buddies group to go along with the peanut butter buddies!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!