Tuscany Stuffed Chicken BreastFrom cyates798 8 years ago
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast (pounded to 1/4-inch thick) shopping list
- 4 oz. Fontina cheese, crumbled or sliced shopping list
- 1 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers shopping list
- 12 fresh sage leaves or 1 tsp dried sage, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken with black pepper.
- For each roll, place 1/4 of the cheese, roasted peppers and sage on a piece of chicken.
- Fold sides up, roll up chicken.
- Roll in flour to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken rolls in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Remove from rolls from skillet.
- Add wine or broth to skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer , uncovered about 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Return chicken rolls to skillet. Cover and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- To serve, trim ends of chicken rolls. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices.