Nutmeg Kataifi cakeFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 1 (1 pound) package Kataifi shopping list
- (2 sticks/8 oz./226g) butter or ghee , melted shopping list
- 2 tbsp pistachios shopping list
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts shopping list
- 2 tbsp pecans shopping list
- 2 tbsp almonds shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- ½ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee softened shopping list
- Syrup: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Make syrup:
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, add water, the 1 1/2 cups sugar and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Let simmer to a syrupy consistency. Remove from heat, let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C. Butter a 12-inch round, 2-inch high cake pan.
- In a large bowl gently loosen kataifi. Mix very well with the melted butter or ghee. Cover the cake pan with half of the kataifi. Press down lightly with a glass or a measuring cup or use another similar cake pan.
- Mix the nuts, sugar and spices in a food processor together and sprinkle evenly over the kataifi dough half. Dot with softened butter or ghee. Cover with the remaining half of the kataifi. Press down gently. Drizzle 3 tbsp of the melted butter or ghee over the top. Bake until lightly golden, about 30 to 45 minutes. (Note: the reverse side will be more golden when you turn it out.)
- Immediately pour cold sugar syrup evenly over the hot kunafa. Let cool completely to room temperature. Invert onto serving plate and decorate with ground pistachios.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating9 people
As always, this looks amazing my friend, you have my 5. But what is Kataifi? Sorry the ignorance...gourmetana in London loved it
I have made katafi desserts before. Yes it's delcious, thank you !! Have a content Ramadanmidgelet in Eastern loved it
Delicious times one million! Enjoy your Ramadan holiday, Ahmed. My best to you and your family.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it