Hot Cheesy Spinach DipFrom silverqueen 7 years ago
- 2 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups half and half shopping list
- 2 pkgs. (9 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained shopping list
- 1 can (8-oz.) sliced water chestnuts shopping list
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 pkg. (1-oz.) dry vegetable soup mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir until onion is crisp-tender and garlic is fragrant, 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook an additional minute.
- Add half and half.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens, 2 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Stir in chopped spinach, water, water chestnuts, Cheddar and vegetable soup.
- Spoon dip into a 1 qt. casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake dip until it is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- It is not necessary to grease the casserole dish because of the high fat content of the Cheddar!!!!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating5 people
OK, ok, I'm hungry already and you post this! Now I'm starving! Super dip recipe and perfect for the fall sports and holiday season! YUM!!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
Great one and I have everything to make it now!
5 from me!
:}tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
I loves me spinach! I sure wish I had some to munch on now.jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!