Red Hot Marinated Chicken Skewers With Yogurt Cilantro SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 teaspoons spicy chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cascabel powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups orange juice shopping list
- 8 chicken thighs skinless and boneless cut in half lengthwise shopping list
- 32 wooden skewers soaked in water for 2 hours shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 16 flour tortillas shopping list
- yogurt cilantro Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup plain yogurt drained in colander for 1 hour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 clove garlic finely minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chili powders, pepper, cumin, honey, olive oil and orange juice to make the marinade.
- Rub marinade into chicken thighs then cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Prepare a charcoal or wood fire and let it burn down to embers.
- Thread each half chicken thigh onto 2 parallel skewers to keep the meat flat on the grill.
- Season with salt and grill 4 minutes on each side then grill each tortilla 1 minute per side.
- Serve skewers on a platter with the yogurt sauce and folded trilled tortillas.
- For sauce combine all ingredients in a medium bowl the allow to rest 30 minutes before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Hi Chef: Sounds incredible.Thanks for the post pussycat! ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Sounds right up my alley !!! Thanks :) :) :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
Oh yeah baby - this has my name written all over it! I'm printing it out to make shortly....can't wait. Thanks!! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!