Turkey Club Pizza With Avocado SauceFrom keni 7 years ago
- 1lb boneless turkey(you can use deli meat sliced thin or thick or leftover from a prepared turkey---iI used my smoked turkey, chopped) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 lb thick cut, hickory bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled(I baked mine in the oven in my cast iron) shopping list
- 2 avocados, mashed, OR about 1/2-1 cup or so prepared MILD guacamole(I don't recommend the jalapeno or cilantro overwhelming it for this recipe) shopping list
- 1tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayo(or less, to taste---I recommend enough to get the familiar taste of the mayo, but not overpowering. shopping list
- 4-6 large slices softish white cheese(Muenster, Farmer's, Swiss, etc) shopping list
- 1 pizza crust, baked(homemade or purchased) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Mix avocados(or guacamole) with mayo(a lil at a time, tasting as you go), lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread over entire prebaked pizza crust, stopping just before edges
- Cover "sauce" with turkey pieces, then onion slices, then crumbled bacon.
- Lay slices of cheese over entire pizza
- Broil in oven just until cheese starts to melt...2-3 minutes, tops.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating5 people
Turkey & avocado ! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!ronnymarcus in Jerusalem loved it
This is pretty much exactly what I had in mind, taste-wise, when I decided to try to make a turkey/avocado/bacon pizza... just needed a few finishing touches, which I think you nailed. We make a good team. ;)malty in Missoula loved it
last night while shopping i was thinking bacon and avocado with some choped tomatoes on it to add color what were you reading my mind i love it when i find what i am looking for thanks. meganmaywest in Tangerine loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!