Casablanca Chicken StewFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained shopping list
- 3/4 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, mixed with 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- In large saute pan over medium high heat, warm olive oil.
- Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring often, until chicken pieces are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- To same saute pan, add onions and red bell pepper; cook until almost tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic, black pepper, cinnamon, cumin and ginger.
- Stir and cook until spices are fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Add garbanzo beans, raisins, chicken broth and cooked chicken.
- Bring mixture to a simmer; reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Bring sauce in pan to a simmer, pour in flour/ water mixture and stir well.
- Simmer 5 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in parsley, cilantro and lemon juice.
- Serve over rice or couscous.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating13 people
sounds so comforting! I am gonna give this recipe a try on one of our first cold fall evenings. also sounds rather quick to make which works for an after work dinner.. thanks for the postmidwestguy in Chicago loved it
This looks super. Has my 5!pleclare in Framingham loved it
really looks good, Elaine. You got a five from Candy and I too!dagnabbit in Barrie loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!