Oktoberfest KnockwurstFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- 4 slices bacon, chopped (about 1/4 pound) shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut shopping list
- 1 bag (24 ounces) partially cooked potatoes shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 pound knockwurst links shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp and browned, about 8 minutes. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Drain sauerkraut; rinse with cold water and squeeze out excess water. Add sauerkraut, potatoes, wine, caraway seeds and paprika to the skillet.
- Cut each knockwurst link in half lengthwise; cut each halved link in half crosswise. Add knockwurst pieces to the skillet, stirring to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover the skillet and simmer until knockwurst is heated through, 20–25 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with chopped parsley; serve immediately.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating8 people
Haven't had this in years, mm- HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
mmmmmmmmmmm, love this, got my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
oh this sounds very good for autumn.. i gotta try this!. quick question though. if im not able to locate knockwurst, then would kielbasa work?
midwestguy in Chicago loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!