Cheesecake Supreme With Raspberry SauceFrom fizzle3nat 7 years ago
- cheesecake Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 c. finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 TBSP. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter, melted shopping list
- cheesecake Filling: shopping list
- 3 - 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened (I'm a cream cheese snob - I only use Philadelphia) shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 TBSP. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1" piece vanilla bean, scraped (discard pod or save for other use) OR 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 c. milk shopping list
- 3 slightly beaten eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp finely shredded lemon zest (I use a Microplane Zester for this) shopping list
- Raspberry Sauce: shopping list
- 3 c. fresh or frozen raspberries shopping list
- 1/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- Splash lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- *Cook time includes cooling and chilling.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For crust:
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, the 1 TBSP. sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- For filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, the 1 c. sugar, flour, and vanilla bean scrapings (or extract) with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs and lemon zest.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake 40 - 45 min. for an 8-inch pan, or about 35 min. for a 9-inch pan, or until a 2 1/2 inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Do not overbake.
- Cool pan on a wire rack for 15 min. Using a sharp small knife, loosen the crust from sides of pan; cool for 30 min. more. Remove the sides of the pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. Slice and serve with Raspberry Sauce.
- *Cheesecake cracked? Check out my Cheesecake Crack Problem Solved Recipe for suggestions.
- For Raspberry Sauce:
- Thaw berries, if frozen. Do not drain. Place half of the berries in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend until berries are smooth. Press berry puree through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl; discard seeds. Repeat with remaining berries. You should have about 1 1/4 cups sieved puree.
- In a small saucepan combine 1/3 c. sugar, cornstarch, and a splash of lemon juice. Add sieved berry puree. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 min. more. Transfer to a bowl. cover with plastic wrap, pressing plastic wrap onto surface of sauce. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Serve over cheesecake slices.
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating4 people
CHEESECAKE IS THE ONLY THING I BAKE REALLY WELL...STRANGE..THIS SOUNDS GREAT..THANKS ONCE AGAIN...ROCK ONlycett in CANYON COUNTRY loved it
yes- awesomelly yum!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!