Lebanese Lentil Soup with Collard GreensFrom mstrcook 8 years ago
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and set aside to drain shopping list
- 1 bunch collard greens, washed, central veins removed and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- lemon juice to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the Olive oil in a heavy pan. Add the salt and the onion; cook and stir over medium heat until the onion is transparent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the drained lentils. Cook for another minute.
- Pour in the water. Bring to a Boil then reduce the temperature to medium/low and simmer covered for about 15 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- While the lentils are simmering, prepare the Collards.
- Add to a skillet with the remaining Olive Oil and cook over medium heat until wilted. About 10 minutes.
- When the lentils are tender add the Collards and season with the Cumin, Cinnamon and Minced Garlic. Simmer about another 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and add lemon juice to taste.
The Cookmstrcook Mesa, AZ
The Rating4 people
This sounds very good. We make lentil soup often in the winter. With a few difference, our family's recipe is similar to yours. Nice post... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Just Gotta Try This One!goblue434 in Anniston loved it
Beautiful recipe - the condiments you use are divine! I have saved it and will try it, soon!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!