Creepy Monster FingersFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract shopping list
- green food coloring shopping list
- sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium, beat the butter until creamy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, egg and almond extract. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until a soft dough forms.
- Tint the dough, using a few drops of food coloring. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill until just firm, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. For each cookie, using lightly floured hands, roll tablespoonfuls of the dough into finger shapes. Using a knife, mark knuckle lines across the center of each finger. Lightly flatten the end of each finger. Press sliced almonds on flattened areas for fingernails.
- Place finger shapes on ungreased baking sheets. Bake cookies until they are firm and bottoms begin to turn golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating8 people
I have made these before many times but Katrina took away my recipe! Thanks for posting it for me! These were always a hit at my Halloween parties! HIGH 5! Debdmajor in Slidell loved it
Oooooooooooo...I'm scared!! LOLgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Oh I've got to try this. "FIVE FORKS"greentreefrogs in loved it