Matcha TrufflesFrom dessertfirst 9 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the cream and invert sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat on the stove.
- Remove from heat, add the matcha, stirring to dissolve. Cover the top of saucepan with plastic wrap and let stand for about 10 minutes. Check it occasionally and stir to dissolve and remaining bits.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate in a bowl and set over a pot of simmering water. Do not let the bowl touch the surface of the water. Melt the chocolate until it reaches 115 degrees. The chocolate will most likely not be fully melted yet and you will have to stir it - watch carefully or your chocolate will overheat and you will have to wait for it to cool down!
- Check to make sure the cream is also at 115 degrees and strain out any undissolved matcha.
- Pour the cream and chocolate into a tall, clear container. Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture until the ganache thickens and becomes pudding like. Add the butter and combine with the immersion blender. Alternatively, you can do all this in a food processor.
- Pour the ganache into a container that will allow it to spread out to a thickness of about an inch (not a very large container). This will make it easier to scoop truffles.
- Allow the ganache to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until firm, preferably overnight.
- When you are ready to make truffles, use a small cookie dough scoop to scoop balls from the ganache. Place them on a tray so you can pop it in the refrigerator to chill if necessary.
- Roll the truffles in dark cocoa powder and decorate with a bit of matcha on top.
- Store the truffles in the refrigerator, and remove about half and hour before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 65
The Cookdessertfirst San Francisco, CA
The Rating11 people
A must try! Looks very good!wokkingmum in Singapore loved it
I have just found what I am going to do as soon as I get home :-)alagrecque in Thessaloniki loved it
That is a work of art. Great post, thanks for sharing.danadooley in Singapore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!