Vegan Pumpkin BisqueFrom shandalulu 7 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 Fresh leek shopping list
- 1⁄2 Small yellow onion, Diced shopping list
- 6 c Cold water shopping list
- 3 tbsp vegetable Base (may substitute w/ 3 better than bouillon cubes) shopping list
- 1 can Yellow corn shopping list
- 2 15-oz cans pumpkin puree shopping list
- juice from 1 fresh lemon shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced shopping list
- 1⁄2 tsp seasoning salt shopping list
- 1⁄2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1⁄2 c Unflavored soy yogurt shopping list
- fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare leek by cutting off stem end and all but two inches of green leaves.
- Make a cut down the center of leek without cutting all the way
- through (rinse out any visible dirt).
- Slice leek into thin slices.
- In sauce pan, heat olive oil over a medium flame. Add sliced leeks and diced onion stirring to coat with the oil. Cook until the leek is fragrant and soft but not brown.
- In a large pot, heat the water to boiling. Add base and stir until dissolved. Add sautéed leeks and onions and corn.
- Add pumpkin, lemon juice, garlic, seasoning salt and ground nutmeg. Simmer 10 - 15 minutes.
- Add yogurt and garnish with parsley.
- Do not boil. Heat until warm.
The Cookshandalulu West Valley City, UT
The Rating6 people
Love it! Thank you, and HIGH FIVE to you :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
sound delicous love the combo. and flavor thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Another great vegan recipe from Shanalu I love the creaminess from the pumpkin puree
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!