Old Fashioned Apple PieFrom whodunitrdr 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 7 cups apples; peeled and sliced - *see note shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 - 9 inch double crust pie crust shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- NOTES : Use several different kinds of apples for the best pies. A combination of Jonathan, Jonagold, Golden Delicious, Macintosh, Newton Pippin, Rome and Winsap (any or all) works well. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sugar, flour, spices and salt in bowl.
- Add apple slices, mix lightly.
- Heap in pastry lined 9-inch pie pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Adjust top crust and flute edges; cut vents.
- Brush top crust with milk, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until crust is browned and apples are tender.
- Cool on rack.
The Cookwhodunitrdr Bellingham, WA
The Rating3 people
Apple pies are my favorite! I bought apples but now my oven is on the blink. I can use the stove-top but the oven is out. Thank goodness Christmas is coming....#1 on my list!!jett2whit in Union City loved it