How to Thicken a Sauce Made EasyFrom coffeebean 9 years ago
How to make it
- This you do if you want to thicken the dish (e.g. gulyas, chili)
- It should not cook anymore but should still be hot.
- Approx. 10 minutes before serving the dish, take out of the pot a few tablespoons (1 or 2 cups) or the hot sauce.
- Add slowly 2 Tablespoons of flour.
- Instead of flour you can also add masa (the courn flour which is used to make corn torillas).
- Add 2 or 3 Tablespoons of salted or unsalted butter.
- Whisk until smooth and return slowly to put.
- Stir it slowly (8 or 10 minutes) into the pot liquid until combined.
- If you want to freeze a part of the dish take the part you want to freeze out before you pour the sauce-thickener in it.