Bread PakoraFrom ambus 8 years ago
- Pakora Batter: shopping list
- 1 cup chickpea flour(Besan) shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp red chilli powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- Few seeds of nigella shopping list
- ------------------------------- shopping list
- potato mixture: shopping list
- 250 gms potatoes, boiled and mashed coarsely shopping list
- 1 tsp coriander seeds,crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red chillies powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp whole red chillies,crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- pinch of nigella seeds shopping list
- 1 tsp dried pomegranate seeds shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves,chopped shopping list
- -------------------------------------------- shopping list
- 6 bread slices (you will get the best results with a bread that is a day or two old) shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- Mix Pakora batter ingredients in a large bowl. Add a little water at a time and mix to make a thick batter.Keep aside.
- In a bowl,mix the mashed potato and all ingredients till well mixed.
- Lay the slices of bread out on a cutting board and put a generous quantity of the potato mixture on all the slices on both sides. Spread to cover the entire surface.
- You can trim the edges but I leave them on.Now cut the slices into quarters.
- Heat the oil for deep frying in a pan,on a medium flame.
- Now take each quarter slice and dip in the batter to coat well on all sides.
- Deep fry,stirring and turning ocassionally till it is golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain well on paper towels.
- Serve hot with Tamarind and Mint Chutney.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating5 people
oh my delicious!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I love dis : )
Thxcholena in Food World loved it
Another great recipe! And the pomegranate seeds must give just the right tartness in this!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Indian Flavors And Recipes263 members
Anything Goes289 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
From Middle Eastern Lands254 members
A Friend From Pakistan80 members
Lahori Clan15 members
Asian Foods237 members
Family Favorites141 members
Fun Food For Kids58 members