Salmon With Basil Pesto And Polenta CrustFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- 2 cups half-and-half shopping list
- 1/2 cup polenta (a.k.a. corn grits. I like Bob's Red Mill brand) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone shopping list
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- Six 6-oz pieces of fresh salmon filet, each about 2 inches wide, seasoned on each side with kosher salt and pepper, skin on or off (I leave it on because it helps keep the salmon in one piece) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil pesto (recipe below) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ shopping list
- Fresh basil pesto Recipe: shopping list
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (tip: grate it in your food processor before you start the pesto) shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. Add the garlic, pulse a few times more. shopping list
- Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Makes 1 cup. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler. Bring the half-n-half to a boil in medium saucepan, and lower the heat to a simmer. Add salt and gradually add the polenta, whisking constantly until it is incorporated. Using a wooden spoon, continue cooking and string until mixture thickens, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mascarpone.
- Simmer the white wine in a small saucepan until reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and butter, and keep warm.
- Broil salmon filets until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side (less if you like the center rare). Remove the salmon from the broiler and spread basil pesto over the tops. Spread the polenta evenly over the pesto and return to broiler to brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir fresh parsley into the lemon butter sauce and drizzle it around the fillets.
- Note: the polenta may be made up to 8 hours in advance and refrigerated until ready to use. Bring to room temp to make more malleable.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating5 people
This Salmon sounds absolutely wonderful. I do love Salmon, especially with pesto and polenta. Fantastic post!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This recipe has a nice finish the classic pesto marries well with the polenta while the perfectly seasoned salmon shines through so moist and colorful a feast for the eye as well as the pallet.
Flagged as beautiful!
Great post Luisa t...moretrigger in loved it
What a great presentation! I love the fact that you add mascarpone to the polenta - it should give such a creamy texture ( I usually add Feta cheese to it, I will try it your way next time!) And the Basil Pesto is just the perfect sauce for this reci...moreelgab89 in Toronto loved it