Chocolate Mousse Filled Crepes With Rich Cocoa SauceFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Mousse: shopping list
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cold water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons boiling water shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- To make crepes combine eggs, milk, flour, sugar, cooking oil and salt then beat until mixed.
- Heat a lightly greased crepe pan and remove from heat.
- Spoon in 2 tablespoons batter and tilt pan to spread batter.
- Return to heat and brown one side only then invert over paper towels to remove crepe.
- Repeat greasing pan as needed.
- For mousse in small mixing bowl sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand 1 minute.
- Add boiling water then stir until gelatin is completely dissolved then cool.
- In large mixing bowl stir together sugar and cocoa powder then add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Beat with electric mixer on low speed until thickened scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add gelatin and stir until well mixed then cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Fold each crepe in half then spread 1-1/2 tablespoons mousse onto each folded crepe.
- Fold crepe again then drizzle sauce over top and serve immediately.
- For sauce in small saucepan combine sugar, cocoa and cornstarch.
- Gradually add evaporated milk and butter then cook until bubbly then cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in vanilla and serve warm over crepes.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
nothing like a delicous crepe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
WOW! A FIVE for sure on this from the choccie-loving Muskoka kid! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Oh I really like this. I'm e mailing this to my son in hopes he will make this for me soon. He can make a mean crepe. Here's another 5 to ya and thanks. MJflavors in Algonquin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!